Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday Mornings... and Haute Cuisine Southern Style...

Saturday mornings have become for my husband and I, a special part of our week. We love spending time together and we love to go to the gym together... only not exactly together. We pack our little gym bags together, and we get into our car and drive together.. and then as we get 'to town'... I drop him off at the YMCA and I drive about 2 blocks further and go to Curves. So we do go to separate gyms together, simultaneously and at the same time, while maintaining a slight distance, based solely on my desire to not workout in front of some very scary patrons.

This routine has taken on a life of its own. My workout does not involve a hot tub,pool or a weight room and scary shower room, and so it does not last as long as my husband's routine. My routine is about 30 to 45 minutes long and so after sweating to the oldies it has become my treat to myself to go to Starbucks and to indulge in an Iced Skinny Green Tea Latte Grande! Yum... I had been enjoying the Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte Grande... but decided that the Green Tea Latte seemed somehow more healthy! What do you think? Anyway I digress... I then have about an hour and a half until my dear husband finishes his routine. This is when the morning gets really interesting!

I usually run a few quick errands and then I make a trip to Sam's Club. For those who may not be familiar with Sam's it is a warehouse club owned by the Walton family of Wal-Mart fame. Now the trip to Sam's for whatever it is I may need is NOT the highlight of my trip. The highlight is once I check out... after checking out with my purchases in tow I roll my cart past the "Sam's Restaurant". There right in front of the check out lanes is an array of metal and plastic picnic tables and VERY large trash cans. There is an ordering window where people order pizza and hot dogs and all manner of interesting cuisine. Now most every Sam's that I have ever been in has one of these food courts... without the rest of the court, but what sets this one apart from all of the others is that it is ALWAYS packed! I mean there are usually almost NO seats available! There are usually people lined up at the order window and most of the tables are full!

Now I have always been told that if you want to find the good restaurants in a town just look for the places that are always packed! Hmmmmm so I guess what I am trying to say is that if you come to see me here in the south... we just may have to go for a meal at Sam's Club. Don't worry I can get you in... I have a membership! :)

1 comment:

Blessings, Carole said...

Adorable. Funny I just wrote about an outing Bill & I had. You may have heard my story before, but I hope you still enjoy it. Love you lots, Carole