Sunday, March 2, 2008

Class Trip to DC


In the morning I will arrive at school before 7:00 am in order to meet the junior class for a three day trip to our nation's capital. I have always loved taking students on these trips, partly because I have always loved history. My children years ago started calling the roadside historical markers, hysterical markers, because they say I get hysterical every time I see one. :)

This trip we plan to visit the Holocaust museum, take a moonlight tour of all the major monuments, take a VIP tour of the capital, go on a tour of the Bureau of Printing and Engraving, see the National archives, quickly see the Smithonian air and space museum,walk to the Arlington cemetary and lastly tour the National Zoo, Pandas here we come!! There will also be some time for ice skating and of course eating and shopping!! There will probably be a prank or two pulled on the teacher! :( Remind me to tell you about the prank pulled last year! (Different school, different students) Be still my heart.

When I get home on Wednesday night, I will have walked many miles, laughed a great deal with some great kids and once again come away with the awe that I have everytime I visit the nation's capital. One of my favorite things to do while in DC is to take photos of all the places where I find the Word of God etched in stone throughout the city! I pray that the day NEVER comes when those words are chiseled out of those stones!!

No comments: