Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!

While enjoying the blogginess of others it is NOT possible that I have have not blogged since the beginning of January! No not me! I have been following a fun blog whose author always treats us to a "Not-me-Monday" post. She also asks us to join her in hosting our own "Not-me-Monday" post. So here I go ready or not!

Since I last joined you my friendly blog readers, the following has NOT happened to our family!

Our son-in-law was certainly NOT hit by a truck while training for a marathon! And of course since he was NOT hit by the truck -he did NOT have his elbow broken, followed by surgery with NOT 1 screw but 2 and 15 staples! NO not in our lifetime!

My precious husband who was out chopping wood for my fire-did NOT connect the axe and a large log to his large toe! NO NOT HIM! And the picture is a figment of your imagination!


Our 3rd daughter, who is expecting any minute certainly did NOT go into early labor only to be sent home from the hospital a few hours later! NO SHE DID NOT! And because she did not have the baby early, I MOST certainly will NOT be winging my way later this week to the windy city to witness the birth our 4th grandbaby! :)

On Valentine's Day my dear husband did NOT bring me a full giant heart full of yummy chocolates... and because he did not bring them I have not eaten my way into a chocolate stupor, NO NOT ME!

On this delightful 4 day holiday weekend I HAVE MOST CERTAINLY NOT AVOIDED GRADING PAPERS and doing LESSON PLANS! No not me!

I have not stayed up to late, I have not exhausted myself from hours on facebook,bloglines, and twitter! NOPE NOT me!

Having completed this assignment! I am now free to continue my NOT ME MONDAY PRESIDENTS DAY!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a cute idea...I love it! I know it's not Monday, but I'll try just for fun: I did not spend 3 hours at the pediatricians office last night and 45 minutes at the pharmacy, nor did I put my three children to bed at 10:30 p.m. And, I certainly do not have 3 sick kids coughing in bed tonight!

Anonymous said...

Hello Suzie (for that's the name I knew you by in the fall of 1965),

I have been trying to get in touch with some of the folks that my family met when we arrived in Fallbrook California. That fall your Mom, you, and Donna hosted the Folin family for a week until we got settled into our own place. I think you may remember us if I remind you that our family travelled from Minnesota to California by covered wagon.

I came across your blog-site and thought I'd try to connect again through this means since I don't know your email address. (Mine is Chelene.Koenig@ufv.ca).

I'm in the midst of putting together a history of that summer's trip so that my family (3 sons, 3 daughters-in-law, 3 grandbabies) and extended family have a permanent record. The information we have is in assorted forms (diaries, scrapbooks, letters) and I want to make sure we have a more complete story to leave for the next generation.

As a kind of epilogue, I thought it would be interesting to try to find some of the people (such as yourself) to see what changes have come to them since 1965 and to see what they may remember from their meeting with my family. I also want to thank everyone again for all that they did to help us out. We are all very appreciative of your kindness.

There were 7 of us: Betty & Clint Folin, me, my 2 brothers and 2 sisters. We also had a dog with us.

I would be most glad to hear from you if you do have any recollections. In case you don't wish to reconnect, let me say again how much that week at your home meant to us. Your trust and willingness to welcome virtual strangers has stayed with each of us. Thank you.

Kindest regards
Chelene (Folin) Koenig

Nana2Six said...

Chelene- I have written you via email but plan to blog about this if you don't mind! I wrote the story from my perspective years ago and wanted it published in the Fallbrook Enterprise , but by the time I wrote the story, the paper was sadly no more! I have so often wondered what became of you all!