Wednesday, November 26, 2008

100 Things That Make, Me Happy, Joyful and Thankful!

I was challenged by a fellow blogger and so this morning I have had so much fun thinking about these things... I am sure there are hundreds more but this will get you started! I wish each of you my readers a blessed Thanksgiving day. What makes you happy,joyful and thankful?

1. The sounds of birds in the backyard
2. The smell of fresh coffee
3. The feel of sand beneath my feet
4. The crunch of leaves in the fall
5. That picture of sun rays coming through the leaves on the trees with dust particles dancing on the rays.
6. The donkeys in the field near our home
7. The taste of the bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches that my mom used to make for me.
8. Seeing my grown kids laughing with each other
9. Having my husband spoil me the way he does
10. The sound of the tea pot whistle
11. The look from students when they ‘get it’!
12. Talking with good friends
13. Starbucks, grande skinny green tea latte, iced, with extra ice on the side please, and with a shot of espresso sometimes
14. Starbucks, grande skinny vanilla latte
15. Singing at church
16. Watching my grand kids ride in the wagon with G-pa
17. Reading a good book that I can’t put down
18. Staying in my pajamas on a day when I am not sick
19. The smell of clean laundry fresh out of the dryer
20. The smell of burning leaves in the neighborhood
21. The sound of the surf hitting the beach
22. Watching the waves roll in on a stormy day
23. The feeling of pride in a job well done!
24. Clean bathrooms
25. Fresh crispy sheets on my bed
26. Riding in the car on the back roads with my husband
27. Looking at the Rockies as you approach from Kansas
28. Seeing the Grand Canyon
29. Waiting for ‘Ole Faithful to erupt
30. The amazing joy of seeing each of my five children brought into the world healthy and the sound of that first cry
31. Seeing my old high school after forty years
32. The ‘discovering my roots’ tour with Sandy Hay
33. Listening to my mom laugh and talk when she was still alive
34. Spending the time right after work with my husband, having coffee, watching the news each evening.
35. The feeling that a fire in the fireplace gives me
36. Seeing historical sights and markers anywhere
37. Reading about the history of the places I have lived
38. Giving God the glory for my recovery from Guillian-Barre over 30 years ago
39. The memories of going to the mission field in Anguilla,St. Martin, Mexico City, and Puerto Rico
40. The joy of watching my kids travel to other mission fields
41. White fluffy terrycloth bathrobes
42. My amazing new bookcases, lovingly handcrafted by my amazing husband
43. Seeing each of my girls get married in amazing weddings each of their own design and personality
44. Remembering times at the alter in Bible college
45. Remembering all the people who took my kids and I in when we were on our own!
46. The joy of purchasing new furniture for the first time EVER last year!
47. The joy of signing papers on our 1st EVER home purchase last year!
48. The amazing story of how our kids surprised us with an extreme home make over before we moved in!
49. The feeling I get every time I drive up to my house!
50. Remembering the awesome trip home from Florida with my friend Carole- reading Lisa Samson’s book Women’s Intuition –aloud to each other all the way!
51. Remembering the trip by myself driving my 1987 pick-up truck all the way to Florida taking back roads and finding places I had lived as a child and discovering St. Simon’s for the first time. Incredible!
52. Staying overnight in Theime’s funeral home in 1971 being scared to death by the guys living there. Sleeping on sheets from the morgue! Ah!!
53. The miracle of wireless Internet, digital photography and the whole cell phone thing
54. The way my classroom smells after I clean it and put in new air fresheners
55. Decorating my classroom
56. The joy of owning special 1st editions of special authors and missionary books!
57. The taste of the first hamburger of the season from the grill
58. Meeting up with Carol Miller and Debby Kitts after 35 years and spending three days talking and laughing!
59. The thrill of knowing I have the whole summer off from school!
60. The joy of doing our taxes and getting a tax refund!
61. The fun of learning our way around a new town and a new culture!
62. The way a new baby snuggles and how a clean baby smells.
63. Knowing what Christ did for me!
64. Seeing my old teachers at the 40th reunion
65. Seeing Jo Daughtery my old high school youth group leader from church!
66. Seeing my high school friend Robin at the reunion
67. Listening to Garey play the piano
68. Listening to Garey play the drums
69. Getting my teeth fixed!
70. The feel of getting a manicure and pedicure
71. The feeling of walking out of the hair salon with a new cut and highlights
72. Traveling with Leslie and the Buoy Babes to Hilton Head
73. Seeing the whole family at the Christmas House!
74. The day I graduated with my Master’s Degree in 2007!
75. The day I FINALLY finished my Bachelor’s degree in 2005
76. The day Garey and I were married
77. Going to ‘Nana Camp’ at the beach with the grand kids!
78. Pecan pie
79. Watching parades – especially the bagpipers
80. Occasional football games
81. Blogging, Twittering, Facebooking, Texting (are those words?)
82. The smell of bacon frying
83. The excitement of our school accreditation visit going extremely well!
84. The joy of knowing I did a good job creating the Curriculum guides for the whole school, for every subject!
85. Surprises!
86. Fresh flowers
87. The thrill I used to feel whenever the yearbook made deadline.. and even more exciting when the books won awards!
88. The feeling of a good work out at the gym!
89. The way I used to feel riding horses across the fields in California
90. My old stuffed animal Starvel
91. Many of our pets through the years.. happy and sad
92. The way the house looks when it is especially clean!
93. The way house looks decorated for Christmas!
94. Remembering my Nana..
95. Knowing that getting older is a joyful thing!
96. My kitchen – even though I don’t really like to cook!
97. The pride I feel in each one of my children, Stephanie, Jennifer, Amanda, Jaime and Daniel!
98. The love I feel in my heart for each of my children, their spouses, my grandchildren and for my husband.
99. God’s grace on my life
100. Looking forward to Heaven – in about 32 + years!

No comments: